Wednesday, February 2, 2011

An Unexpected Day

Inspiration comes in all forms, shapes and sizes... and can even come in the gaze and friendship of a beautiful young woman. I had a surprise lunch today with the aforementioned young woman. I was a little nervous at first as we've only had brief in-person chats in the office, but have texted and instant messaged a good deal.

She's so full of life and energy. She has a real hunger and passion for taking in as much of the world as she can. She's funny and smart, and I'm thinking why would she want to talk to me? Kidding of course, because I'm an amazing individual... now that's funny! Self-deprecation humor aside, you still wonder... at least I do.

Anyway... she inspired me to get back into my writing. She claims to not be a writer, but has taken up her own blog. She has good writer instincts. She starts off with the lead that grabs the reader and then fills in the details from there.

I keep thinking how can we have anything in common with our age difference, but we fell into a conversation that felt so natural like we had known each other for much longer. Toward the end of lunch I felt more comfortable, and we joked and talked like two old friends. It was nice.

She has a way about her that makes you feel... not to over use the word, but comfortable. And she smells pretty darn good too.

We became friends a few weeks ago when I "accidentally" instant messaged her... OK I did it on purpose, but she didn't need to know that at the time and I told her later. Regardless, we fell into a conversation that just seems to continue from day to day.

I realize I don't usually bring things up like this on the blog or Facebook or anywhere. I'm not even sure I should post this.

This post, if nothing else, was meant to capture this day... this moment in time. And perhaps, as a thank you to her for a great, unexpected day.
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour."
- William Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment