It's been a long day,Driving all night in an endless sea of rain,
When all I can see are the stars,
Moving, but not getting anywhere,
Shuffling the cards, but the joker is always on top,
Long way to edge of the porch,
Long way to the edge of the sun that just won't set,
Long way to find the door, but just won't turn,
Burn the day, burn the night,
Burning away days that will never be,
Burning time I don't have to give,
Can I find the hand, the rope, the net to keep from falling,
An endless dream on a simmering night,
Falling 'til I wake...
Want to give her a hug, but she's tough as nails,
She shines a light when there is none,
And I see her soft side peek through,
So much I want to say, share, do...
Never realized how much I missed her smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment